1) The Servant speaks soft wisdom.
Why is his main activity of speech good news for us?
- The servant sustains weak ones with soft wisdom.
- His tongue and his ear are turned towards us.
2) The Servant's calling toward you will be hard for him.
3) Once we know what we know, even mockery is a fitting way to fan the fires of our resolve.
"The best way to drive out the devil, if he will not yield to texts of Scripture, is to jeer and flout him, for he cannot bear scorn." -Martin Luther
God is your reason for confidence and that true confidence can be held in place by mocking the weakness of the world.
To what voice are you listening?
To what light do you look?