Your presence of body and presence of mind, what you do with them and to whom you give them, reveals your loyalties and beliefs.
1. Showing up is the first act of repentance.
2. Move toward what you trust.
3. Are you included in the open group of the lowly?
The people who don’t want to appear needy, don’t come.
4. When Jesus offers rest your heart will harden or soften.
The crowd has other places where they can get a little slack time; because Jesus knows this, the meaning of rest leaps out as deeper and more important. Hebrews 4:7
5. The yoke of Jesus lightens your load.
-Everyone comes under someone’s yoke.
-Pledging yourself to someone or something gives you a burden of responsibility in return.
6. The burden Jesus gives you is discipleship.
Jesus always applies his power with gentleness.
Phil. 2:3; 1Pet. 5:5
Take the light burden. Learn from the lowly heart.