1. You need not be defined by the chaos that surrounds you.
2. God makes and rules the age that surrounds you.
The Flow of Biblical Theology
-Bethlehem in Judea
3. Who has the power to define your name?
Elimelech: “My God is king”
4. Great stories include “a fall” as the action rises – so does God’s goodness.
The ‘New Exodus’ theme:
Psa. 65:9 ; Genesis 50:24; Jer. 27:22; 1Sam. 2:21; Luke 1:68-69
5. God has promised his presence and provision throughout the entire Bible.
The dying of men highlights the permanence of God’s promises.
6. Consider all that you might lose—yet still not be empty.
Will he not freely give us all things? (Romans 8:31-39)