1 John 1:1-4
1. The plan is unchanged, the person eternal.
2. John is philosophical but not highfalutin.
What does “word of life” mean?
The eternal “Word” in whom was “life” (John 1:1, 4).
The disciples said of Jesus that he has “the words of life.” (John 6:68).
3. The Word now comes through words.
4. Life came.
Salvation is not in a timeless principle found by gurus.
Salvation is not in futuristic technology discovered by inventors.
Salvation is not in psychological peace provided by a therapist.
Salvation is in the eternal word, come as a man Jesus Christ.
In space, time and history, all of history was changed.
5. Seeing Christ demands testimony.
6. Stick to the story!
-Tell about what you have seen and heard.
-Report, don’t invent.
7. Participate in the mission to fellowship in the relationship.
8. Learn and practice the joy cycle.