1. Don’t ignore Jesus by doubling down on worldly bets.
2. Don’t ignore Jesus through raw regret.
Metameletheis / μεταμεληθεὶς
simple regret that is not developed into meaningful repentance (2 Cor. 7:8).
What does that have to do with us?
3. Jesus is cursed finally to fulfill the Old Covenant.
Zech. 11:7-14; Ex. 24:1-8
Deut. 11:26-29; Gal. 3:11-14
“Cursed be he who hangs on a tree.”
4. Judas is dying bearing his own curse. Jesus will die, bearing the curse of others.
Is. 53:7; Acts 8:32-35
5. Jesus is history’s most compelling character: powerful, innocent . . . and silent.
6. ‘Who is Jesus’ is the biggest question, and every individual must answer it.
7. God brings the greatest good from the world’s greatest evil.