1. In his death and resurrection, Jesus secures your needs and blessings.
All of Christ’s work is realized as great gain for his people when he cashes it out at the resurrection!
2. Resurrection makes the unthinkable thinkable.
We often burst forth with moments like Peter’s where we have built convictions and assurances on the wrong thing.
3. Though you burst out with words of non-faith, build on the confession of true faith.
What did Jesus say? How will Jesus show his glory here?
4. Jesus again reveals how to respond to temptation.
a. Remove temptation from your field of vision.
b. Walk by the Spirit
5. When we live out of the flesh, live as the old man, or set our minds on the things of earth, we become the adversary to God’s purposes.
Jesus adopts his adversaries. Rom. 5:6-8
6. Jesus saves scandalizing stones.
The very ones Jesus is on his way to save, he still must resist when they think like the world.