1. Remember how you came to know about Jesus.
Jesus had and has special witness about his life:
his miraculous, prophecy-fulfilling birth and his baptism and the ongoing work of the Spirit.
Mention of the Spirit points to supernatural revelation—the ongoing work of God the Spirit to provoke and apply knowledge, confirming the truth in us as we receive the facts about Jesus. John 14:17; 15:26; 16:13
2. You have it on good authority that Jesus is God and your loving Savior.
3. The most profound—clear and convincing—final testimony that
you received is directly to you from God himself.
-Christian faith is logical and historical: makes sense and matches the past.
-All who are in Christ, sons and daughters of God, have what verse 9 calls the “greater testimony” concerning the Son.
4. God chose you to carry the testimony.
5. Believe what God says concerning the Son and build out from there.
What is God doing at a time like this? Is Jesus enough for me?
6. Not only must you make a decision, you must taste the decision.
When you reject witness that is certain and sweet, you reject God himself.
If you will not believe in Jesus you purchase and prize death.