1 John 2:18-27
Big Idea: The Children Will Continue with the Church for the Promise of
1. Do not discuss the last days without first remembering that you are
A. Only the Father knows the day and the hour.
B. Even Jesus and the Spirit in their missions do not know the day and the
C1. Just children is what we are.
C2. Even children as what we are!
2. Since God’s purposes have entered their final stage, so have the
schemes of the Evil One.
-Rev. 11:15; 2 Cor. 1:20; Heb. 10:26-29; Mark 12:1-12; John 14:6
Anti-Christ activity is exactly what John says demonstrates that we are living
in the last days.
3. In every age and in every place, the church can and will say at times
that some were “among us but not of us.”
4. “Continuing” just is the sign that one is truly a Christian.
5. To defend yourself, you must know yourself.
6. You gained the knowledge you need when you entered the new
No special class or secret depth of knowledge is required to move you into
“real Christian” status.
A. Anointed =
“Here they were first called Christians” Acts 11:26
B. Jesus is the Messiah.
-To do what he did, he must be who he is.
-No one is saved except through Jesus. John 14:6
-Jesus is the door, and only door, to heaven. John 10.
C. The shocking gift of eternal life.
7. Beware, believer, of the power others have when they offer alternate