1. Believer, you are a beloved child.
The doctrine of Adoption.
Romans 8:14-17, 23, 29; Galatians 3:25-4:7. John 1:12; 1 John 3:1.
2. Because we believe, we belong.
We belong to each other as siblings in Christ.
3. Our most important children are those who are born again.
3 John 3-4; Eph. 4:11-15. John’s joy belong to anyone who shares the
message and sees the birth of a new son or daughter of God.
Key family metaphors for salvation: bride (Eph. 5:25-27; Rev. 19:6-9),
son (Rom. 8:14-17),
children (Is. 66:13; 2 Cor. 6:16-18).
4. Prayerfully read what is written to keep you from sinning.
Do not read as a candidate or customer . . . but as a child!
5. Sorrowful sin shows our great salvation.
-What matters is not whether you sin at all but whether you take that sin to the cross.
Don’t walk a mile with the Tempter; don’t sit awhile with the Accuser.
6. The one who fully absorbed your wrath advocates for you.
Salvation Past: Ephesians 2:8-9
Salvation Present: 1 Corinthians 1:18
Salvation Future: Romans 5:9
7. Share Christ with the world.
Have hope in your sharing; Jesus’ sheep hear his voice, and his sheepfold is from all the world.