1 John 5:13-21
1. Believing has its benefits.
A. Asking is our special role
B. Aligning with his will is our special Place
C. A listening ear is our special gift.
2. We may not be sure that our request is for the best, but we know he lovingly listened.
Due to God’s good plan, due to the very life of God into which our prayers have been taken, John can turn and say, “you have it!”
3. God has planned to perform many of his greatest feats through the prayers of the church.
The Priesthood of All Believers & Church Discipline and Restoration “A royal priesthood, a chosen nation.” Ex. 19:6; 1Pet. 2:9; Rev. 1:6
So what is this sin that leads to death!
4. Though we never comfortably approve of our sin, we do not give up hope and are never defeated by it because the Bible itself tells us that sin’s weakness will be a constant but unwelcome companion on our journey home to Jesus.
5. Jesus protects you.
6. The world is in the power of the Evil One, but you have been born out of the world.
The truth operates in us more and more so that we know the very one who is eternal life. Anything opposite of that process just is idolatry.
7. Choose: Christ or Idols.