1) God's peace is bigger and more full than we could imagine.
Just like with a surgery, the healing comes after the cutting, the suture comes after the scalpel.
2) Peace will trip us up in understanding the Messiah if we haven't understood the role of the sword.
3) Jesus references family relationships to show that he truly must have access to the deepest place of your heart and life.
If even the mother relationship must not get in the way of the Messiah relationship, then no relationship can.
The castle of the family has now been taken up into the kingdom of God
4) We conduct family relationships worthily when we think of Christ primarily
"Keep back nothing... But look for Christ and you will find Him, and with Him everything else..." C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
5) Whatever your cross might be, bear it for Christ
The Lord knows pain, and you can take yours to him.
6) Look for the life that lasts
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" Jim Eliot, martyred missionary